Thinking... and shit
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking... and shit

A place to put ideas up for discussion. Though criticalness is a necessity... lets think productively

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

alternet ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ExclaimedMerde

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 am

Here is the plan...
We all get dreamweaver, flash, processing, and start programming java.
We make a website which is actually local files that are synchronized using DropBox
and access and modify the website on our own computers, with changes visible on all synced copies

Because it's a website, you can embed whatever media, since you control all of the code.

we can treat it as a wiki with associative links and topics, but also like a free form forum.

You have 2GB of space. That's actually quite a lot for a website.

There is motivation to learn html and web tech in a private group environment.

Basically the UI for the new forum will be that necessary to win internets.

Win internets = most likely path to beat wage work and gain capital

ARE YOU IN?!
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: gogogugu   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:20 pm

sounds like a great idea.

start us off Mr. Gu?

alien

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFQxRd0isAQ

elephant
Back to top Go down
ExclaimedMerde

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Post your email addresses. I'm not sure it works if I just email the invites to myself and distribute codes.
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:52 pm

bleep blurp

^...^
*__*
...\/..

Back to top Go down
ExclaimedMerde

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 am

ich kann nicht talk about game ideas in your game ideas topic because a byte at niceboard.com is set to its default position

I think it would be pretty funny if you made a game in blender starring she-default-monkey in checkerboard blue texture, but I think a 2D flash game could be potentially lucrative or at least a precursor to lucrosity

http://pushbuttonengine.com/

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/448475-2d-collisions-and-physics/

If it is a Facebook game, I expect $$$$-$$$$$, otherwise maybe just $$$.

The return on three months of hard work and three months of medium-easy work spread out over twelve months would be huge. affraid
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 am

funeeez!!

and jahhh I think jewz are totally right. Well as right as right can get. That's not to say I don't believe things are indeed deterministic... but only to the extent in which their fundamental postulates allow it to be.

not to refute cuz i think your ideas are great :3
-just a train (trend) of thought

But ya, we should brain storm on concepts

I liked the song with the little dude in the cave listening to the water echo off the walls.

Could be a starting point.

cyclops

--

i'll check these linkz yo

--

checked them... awesome resources, thanks for sharing.

I think simultaneously considering a 2d and 3d game is a good idea. Maybe a synergy can form.. and the whole greater sum of parts thing that people talk about.

--

We'll gain tremendous insight from it... no fkn doubt there.

oh ya... PHENOMENOLOGICAL UNDERSTANDING

Threads from the same rug? Ummm... ride on my magical carpet apu?

Fkn indian history... oh ya... i guess im kind of a hindu brahman advocate.... Eternal Essence

Ummmmmmmm OMMMmmmm vibrations are fun for my head, lulz

==

Killing time wont stop this crime... lol wtf is Mr. Smith even babbling about in his songs.... emotions shine through dark windows of melancholic blight. Rays break through semi-transluecent coverings.

Singularity... and retards.

Psychics and Magicians.

Appearances and True nature.

Dichotomy and Duality.

bullshit bull shit bullshit. Just words to express something that loses its meaning via the very source of what gives it. But at the same time gives the puddy some shape.

I like plato.

Simple nuerological links and vomit. and fake poop in novlety shops.

Last edited by RoboDino on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 am

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/features/

http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/feature-videos/?video=game_engine_one

projected flat lands

elevated dimensions

3->3

2<3

how 2 say... break pass... rise above... Nu

Mu. mew. 2.
something more
bleh bleh bleh
AB AB AB up down up down up
left right

--

What's it mean to be completely original? What is the essence of what is... what is it to be... and how do we understand what it means to be.

"What is Being?" was Heideggars Life Project.

A Humanist approach.

Independent yes... but culturally indie? Fuck that.... fuck any cultural influence that limits my perspective to a sub class?

What do I believe? Nothing... I perceive things and form concepts... my thoughts act on my perceptions and form clusters of information.

--

To be original.. to be post-independent

A humanistic approach to divinity

--

Immersion

Ammersion?

Aversion?

--

Gu = U = Wes

U for universal? Objective? Ummm....

did we evolve from monkies?

all men not created equal... save that mother goose after school special bullshit for primetime disney channel "programming"

And I look great in flannel. Thanks for noticiing.
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Brain Stomrining for GAme ideaz   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm

lulz @ typoz... fk that shit, whatever my fingers hit iz whatz gunna be

ok so will power... umm how we shape the reality around us... competeing willz.... WILL FOR POWER... UBERMENSH.... well neitzhe thought like that... but neitzhe is also a socipoath

so the point i guess im trying to make during the proces sof typing as fast as possible to get my mind oging to a rhythm that makes sense to me

pretty much i guess i would like to make a game about aliens an drobots
with good music and some good physics

while you play you should:

a) obviously enjoy your self

b) intrinsically GAIN asomething

what is something and assomething

differences are minute without context

context.... ummm how doi think of a in terms of b c d e f g h i j jk l m n o p q r z w y x

rts rps

fps

RPG with fps mehcnaics

i needz skillz

how do we teach skillz

are the alives ones suppose to teach the others

how is school?

do you enjoy learning. or do you learn cuz you know you need to learn

what is the point of learning

what is the point of live

--

here is there and Da is now

n.o. to know

--

but bullshit relationships of mental slurbage
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:47 pm

intuitive physics

fast

REDUCED LAG

inutitve in general

well thought out

--

best game ever

go go go
Back to top Go down
ExclaimedMerde

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:24 pm

back when you first started GAMES THREAD I made a text file but it was pretty negatronic sounding

\/\/\/\/main points were\/\/\/\/
3d game could be sweet cause we could prove that anybody can get mouse input working fast and good, just not console port developers

valve Source engine game could force us to internet market thru building a community, obviously we need
players if we are to beta test and spectate gameplay

before I paste text, I'm gonna go ahead and say a few more things that are minutely microcosmic of what you will see afterwards

I totally wanna do a multiplayer hotseat or local multiplayer game. There's a driver and api or whatever out there that lets you to address multiple mouse input. In this fashion, we could make the PC into a four player gaming console, or something of that nature. People would be all like WTF OMG I DIDNET EBEN KNO U CUD DO DAT and PC devs would shit their pants for not thinking of it before us.

Sorta like Liero

I think if we want to generate game concepts it makes more sense to look at earlier, older games, where gameplay is more reduced. Modern 3D games have unfocused gameplay with lots of boring tutorial downtime, and less than precise spatial positioning and timing in the case of brawlers / beat em ups.

I thought pretty much every 2D windows game was cool as #$% and all that ended with console gaming.

Obviously, the thing to do
is to merge arcade mechanics
with roleplaying/simulation gameplay

People have tried to merge RTS and FPS gameplay, but it hasn't worked well because they don't have working unit AI, and there is less FPS gameplay as sa result.

Existing first person 3D RPGs, while cool and all, are too easy, and don't reward a great number of strategies, but are accessible and provide a sense of progression.

Morrowind was better than Oblivion

Deus Ex was pretty cool.

Cortex Command is hella cool, here's a link for it that I bought for like $2.

http://www.humblebundle.com/?key=p6XcWhnVH8

If we use Hamachi VPN we can play this shit on fake network mode, but it might be as confusing as doing that back in the day. Dude, txt me if you want to play CC, get on AIM or something.

A cellular automata game that is kind of like Powder game but more kinetic and with animated discrete character entities would be cool. There's a game for PSP called something-or-other Badman, cellular automata styled.

Everyone thinks Dwarf Fortress has cult potential, and people like Minecraft. We can definitely make a tile based game sandbox with totally unsophisticated nothingness and like, five to thirty recipes.

-----#### text dump ##----

Why 2D?
Easier to produce assets
Pixel perfect display accuracy
Retro style
Runs same for everyone
2D game conventions more obvious to code

I think the best reason for us to make a 2D game is that there can be more things happening onscreen at the same time. There are lots of libraries for this sort of thing, and cool physics engines. Check out a game called Breakquest, the physics implementation turns breakout from being okay to fucking sicknasty awesome-to-the-max.

How about a grid-based realtime game with "emergent behavior" or whatever? There are a few of these and they are already way better than anything we can conceive of. See Drainstorm:
http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/game/DrainStorm

Why not 3D?
We haven't made 2D games yet.
Mouse control requires sensitivity settings
Low production 3D games seem unpolished. Ours would be like a fucking PSX game.

Reasons to do 3D?
Raw input mouse proof of concept.
Jetpack game.
Fuck that "one verb" design philosophy and do something bootleg-atari-like or demosceneish. How about it's 3D third person, there are no walls or boundaries, and it's like a long distance tank battle style game, except there are advanced movement techniques, like you can bunnyhop and fly and grapple hook and whatever. It could be like Mario 64, but for violent PC FPS gamers.

Visual style
We gotta have occlusion. It makes your shading look so good.

We could make a voxel based game. This would be funny and cool. Check out Voxelstein 3d. http://voxelstein3d.sourceforge.net/

CHOICES

DISPLAY
Scaling and Resolution
Simple bilinear scaling? Emu-like HQ smoothing filter?
LCD compatibility: Fixed aspect ratio letterboxed mode

DISPLAY
Scaling and Resolution
Simple bilinear scaling? Emu-like HQ smoothing filter?
LCD compatibility: Fixed aspect ratio letterboxed mode

DISCOURAGING STATEMENTS OF YOUR INCOMPETENCE
Seriously it would take half a year to really "make" a 3D game. You could just mod one or whatever. I don't know, it's not really worth it. Small scale commercial game releases aren't even that profitable. It's hard to make a hit. 2D games are easier to make.

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE?!
I think you should start prototyping. Don't bother making all of your assets right now, just use placeholder figures. Get detection and animation working... Make and test basic gameplay. Make controls work right...

Maybe check out Unity 3D or Torque engines...

Source engine game? HL2 mod? When you put it that way it seems kind of meh.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY / GENRIC CHOICE
If I had to choose one game to imitate, it would be Spelunky.

I think it is a bad idea to set out with the goal of making a game and then deciding what kind of game to make. You should have a really good idea of the one game that you would like to play, and preferably it should be at least somewhat innovative.
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

chu chu pachoo
--

Some great points.
--

Hmmm... fuzion frenzy. Mini games.
N 64'esque 3d game idea sounds good.
--

2D
---
How to differentiate?

Like.

==

Premature optimizaiton

==

Immersion... and intrinsic gain.
World of Warcraft Idiots
Back to top Go down
RoboDino

alternet ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternet ideas   alternet ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:02 pm

.:Objective:.

Concentrated Pertinent Information

Features I'd like to include:
-digging
-swimming

Chaos Theory
Fractalz
Infinitie Loops

Jim Henson's Dark Crystal
----

3D Version of this game would be novel:
http://oos.moxiecode.com/examples/blockdude/index.html